One of Irídia’s main objectives is to promote and guarantee respect for human rights in the policies, regulations and practices of immigration and border control in Spain.
Migration and border policy
The objectives of the migration and border policy line are:
- Monitor and denounce human rights violations at the border based on communication and political and legal advocacy by promoting networking.
- Incorporate strategic litigation in the field of institutional violence in the border context.
- Influence the incorporation of the anti-racist and human rights perspective in the perception of migration through transformative communication.
- Increase the capacity to influence migration policies in the Spanish State for the protection of human rights, as well as to achieve the elimination of CIEs.
- Reinforce the work with the organizations of migrant and/or racialized people to jointly denounce migration and border control policies that affect human rights.
- Increase advocacy capacity at European and international level, mainly through active participation in the EuroMedRights network.