One of the main goals of Irídia is to work for the transparency and accountability of the security forces, so that they comply the human rights standards.
Transparency and accountability of the security forces
The goals of the transparency and accountability of the security forces line are:
- Develop a public policy plan to improve the mechanisms of transparency and control of the security forces and bodies in the State, including private security.
- Promote access to information and transparency of regulations and protocols on the use of force and police tools and weapons.
- Check that the regulation and application of the use of force and police tools and weapons meet international standards and promote the necessary changes to guarantee their traceability, as well as the accountability of the agents.
- Work towards the creation of an external and independent mechanism to control police action both in Catalonia and in the State.
- Participate in existing international networks that work on transparency and accountability of security forces and bodies.
- Deepen the denunciation of existing racism in the security forces and bodies and make proposals for its eradication.
- Analyze security, the role of the security forces and study ways of depolicing society.
- Accompany the processes of social and political incidence of the SAIDAVI litigations linked to the control of the security forces, the use of force protocols and police tools.