One of the objectives of Irídia is to work for the defense of the space of civil society, denouncing those actions that threaten or endanger civil liberties (of expression, of information, of association, of meeting, of manifestation or of thought) and other related human rights; working in a network for greater protection, respect and guarantee.
Defense of the space of civil society
- Consolidate the Somos Defensoras network in Barcelona and work towards its expansion in other parts of the State, mainly in Madrid.
- Promote and consolidate the Defender en Quien Defiende (DQD) platform as a relevant state advocacy actor in the defense of the exercise of the right to protest.
- Monitor the performance of the bodies and security forces in the face of social mobilization
- Increase the capacity for advocacy at the European and international level to defend civil society.
- Analyze the impact of artificial intelligence and the use of new technologies in the space of civil society and the exercise of rights and freedoms, working to reverse threats and their demobilizing effect.
- Accompany the processes of social and political incidence of the SAIDAVI litigations linked to the right to protest and the space of civil society.